#166351  by Gratefulsl
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:25 am
Hi everyone

Can we start a new thread showing Jerrys effects and order? Pictures of your rig would be great. Currently I have Polytune then mxr micro amp (boost) then Mutron iii,
then Boss Super Octave, then Boss turbo overdrive , Im still putting it together other pedals I have, including a digital delay, equalizer, and phaser (all boss)
Thanks
 #166352  by PurpleTrails
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:44 pm
Mutron III or Octave first, unless you're trying to use the boost in lieu of a blaster/OBEL setup in your guitar. Even then I'd be tempted to have that boost stacked before the OD and after the autowah/octave,
 #166353  by Pointclear
 Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:52 pm
I have a
jhs morning glory >whirlwind gold box>electroharmonix pog2> qtron plus.
It serves me well. The pig and qtron work for all the octave and mutton work. The whirl wind gold box is classic mxr distortion, and the morning glory works well for stacking into the mxr and also can boost a bit going into the envelope filter.
 #166358  by PurpleTrails
 Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:21 pm
Pointclear wrote:I think it is unusual for the dirt pedals to go after the octave and envelope filter pedals.
Weird, usual convention is to put filter effects first (wah, mutron, octave), then dirt, then time-based (delay, reverb, etc.). Found a few old threads here via google that tend to agree with that specifically for a Garcia board.
Pointclear liked this
 #166359  by lbpesq
 Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:11 pm
Given that an envelope filter is VERY sensitive to input level, I would think if you put your overdrive/boost/distortion before the envelope, you would have to either adjust them to always use both at the same time, or never use both at the same time.

Bill, tgo
 #166360  by ChinaCatMatt
 Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:00 pm
So I’ve been messing with my board tonight. I have chase bliss brothers in front of the microtron at the moment. That’s a dual channel gainstage pedal with boost overdrive and fuzz on both channels and you can run them in either series or parallel. So each channel has a 3 way toggle clean boost od or fuzz and I’ve been trying it all kinds of ways in front of the Mu-Tron and it just sounds better with it off going into the thick air. But I haven’t tried the thick air into it which would be more like a blaster going into it. Which would be more like what jerry would have done if he even had the blaster on when he was using the Mu-Tron. I just like the Mu-Tron first.

I have a ehx cockfight it’s a wah with fuzz and you can put the fuzz ore or post wah. And it’s kinda the same I like it after. Unless you’re going for some really specific Hendrix kind of thing it just sounds better after the filter. Using it with expression by the way. With out it in the cocked setting. Hence the name cock fight. It works because you’re not actively working the filter sweep. But the drive before filter messes with the sweep.

Now a touch of boost will help get the Mu-Tron triggered. But so does a good hard pick attack. That gives you the best control. It’s all in the right hand.
 #166364  by SarnoMusicSolutions
 Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:20 pm
guitar - Octaver - Mutron(Envelope filter) - Overdrive/Distortion - Phaser - Delay - amp

This really is a well tested sequence, and it worked great for Jerry. Dirt pedals must follow the octave and envelope filter if you want proper tracking and response, or if you want a result like Jerry had. I'm sure other sequences can be tweaked to do neat sounds, but it's a different result.

B