#162870  by TeeJay
 Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 pm
Cool thanks Waldo. Josh is a really great guy. Fellow Kansas Citian and he fixed the switch in my Boss OC-2 for like nothing. Super nice dude.
waldo041, tdcrjeff liked this
 #162884  by Jon S.
 Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:24 am
Thanks for sharing the interesting video.

To his credit, the presenter, after mentioning the buffer pedals he builds and sells, also acknowledges, among other things, how almost all Boss pedals come with their own built in, decent quality buffers. This is a practical tip for folks lacking a guitar with an on-board buffer but own one at least one Boss or another buffered floor pedal that they run first or early in their signal chain. (6:06 - 6:20 in the video).

I also really appreciate how the presenter ends his video by reminding us to, "Play guitar and have fun - don't obsess over these topics, especially these things like true bypass and buffers and what do you need ... Just remember, all of you are different, I'm different, it's all opinion-based on your ears and what you want out of your rig. That's why these things are impossible to find a good answer on forum [sic] because only you know what you want to hear. So I encourage you, just play guitar, do the test I asked you to do, take it from there, and be confident in what you have going on for yourself." (8:00-8:46 in the video)

For folks wishing a detailed electronics explanation of how buffers work, I like the video below too, you might also:

#162910  by hippieguy1954
 Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 am
waldo041 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:00 am
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:47 am
Thank you both for sharing good information! All the info you would ever need about buffers for our purposes! :peas:
should be a sticky in the Jerry Tone forum.

~waldo
+1 Great idea!
Jon S. liked this